zondag 31 oktober 2010

My very first Pecan pie!

What do you do when you have a whole bag of pecans, just lying around in your kitchen? First, let someone crack them for you. Second, bake a pecan pie. Now, I must honoustly admit that I had never tried a pecan pie in my life, before I made this one. Pretty sad, huh? So, in order to change this, I thought I'd try a recipe that I had seen on Bakerella's blog - she is my big example. As soon as I started on the recipe, I could tell that this wasn't going to be healthy - you wouldn't believe the amounts of sugar that this pie requires! But when I took it out of the oven, it smelled absolutely delicious. And it was! And if you want it even better, put some nice vanilla icecream on the side... A great fall treat!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten